Puri Police has Helpline numbers through which people can seek help without going to the police station in person. The various Helpline numbers of Puri Police are as follows;
- Police Control Room- 100
- Toll Free –18002002524
- IAHTU- 06752 255005
Police has also launched the facility of registering Online FIR from 23.09.2013. Puri police has lunched the facility of Citizen portal for the people to intimate their problems to the police administration.
PREVENTION OF CRIME
- Surveillance on criminals.
- Monitoring of records.
- Beat patrolling, mobile and foot patrolling, surprise checks (Naka Bandis), combing operations and raids.
- Introduction of PCR patrolling system in township area and its peripheries.
- Participative policing at macro and micro level through SahiCommittee (system of neighborhood watch) and introduction of police community system in Puri Town area. Active involvement of NGOs.
- System of preventive action under the Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code and other preventive legislations; special care is taken of juvenile offenders and atrocities against weaker sections.
DETECTION OF CRIME
- Investigation and prosecution of offenders.
MAINTENANCE OF PUBLIC ORDER
- Maintenance of law and order during festivals, elections, communal and social disturbances, natural calamities.
- Maintenance of Internal Security: VIP security and counter espionage.
- Traffic Management :Puri district especially puri town and its peripheries remains crowed throughout the year due to different festive occasions of Lord Jagannath. Lakhs and lakhs of people/devotees &tourists from all over India and the world visit to have Darshan of Lord Jagannathand visit the Golden Beach of Puri, Chilika and the Sun Temple at Konark. Despite various constraints, Puri Traffic Police is taking its endeavor to manage the regulation of traffic smoothly.Puri traffic police is giving thrust on public education and effective enforcement by involving the members of society and NGOs willing to spread traffic awareness.
- Enquiring into non-cognizable cases, accidental deaths, accidental fires, etc.
- Enquiring about missing persons.
- Registration of foreign nationals and related enquiries.
- Escorting the treasury, prisoners, juvenile offenders, run-away girls.
- Verification of character, antecedents and records for issuance of passports, arms licenses and other licenses, for government employment, domestic servants whenever required, etc.
- Implementation of various social legislations aimed for protecting the weaker sections of the society and monitoring their social status.
- Puri District Police helps in restoring runaway children to their families and also trying to pick up begging children from Station, Bus stand and other public places and rehabilitated in the shelter homes.
- Puri Police has also introduced tourist Police patrolling to provide safety and security to the tourists visiting to Puri.